Battlefords RCMP are looking for a man accused of trying to lure a child into his vehicle.
Police said it happened Wednesday at around 3:45 p.m. CT on 92 Street in North Battleford.
The 11-year-old child told police a man tried to lure him into his vehicle by offering him a ride home.
When he refused, the child said the man continued to ask for his phone number and where he lived.
The youth became scared and ran home.
A composite sketch of the man has been released by police.
The suspect is described as Caucasian, in his late 30s to early 40s with brown hair and a mustache.
He was wearing a red hat, grey pants and black shoes and driving a white van.
Anyone who may recognize the man, might have witnessed the incident, or could have video surveillance or cell phone images is being asked to contact Battlefords RCMP at 306-446-1720 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Police are also encouraging parents and caregivers to speak to children about safety precautions, including:
- being aware of surroundings and note suspicious people or vehicles and report them promptly to teachers, parents or other trusted adults;
- listening to earbuds through one ear only, so you can hear traffic, people, dogs or any other potential hazards;
- not approaching a vehicle if you don’t know the person inside;
- not talking to strangers;
- walking with a friend, if possible; and
- sticking to sidewalks along busy streets as opposed to cutting through alleys or parks.